Saturday 17 July 2010

Cot Quilts




I have just finished a cot quilt for a friend's 1st Grandchild - most of my work is machine pieced and quilted, but I love to have some hand sewing on the go for doing while chatting or watching the TV. I have developed an English pieced design usually known as "Flick-flack" and machine pieced. Its a technique that allows me to use up off-cuts as well as any pieces from the stash. So the quilt is constructed from squares, each of 4 segments which when joined create the overall pattern.
This quilt is machine quilted to enhance the constructed design. It was lovely to do this knowing who was going to be the recipient.

I make several in a year which go to "Project Linus" but I'm ready to find another hand stitched idea to sustain me for the next 12 months of sitting around chin wagging!

No comments:

Post a Comment