So, what have I learned?
- Not to start the finished piece until I am certain that I have nailed down all the construction issues.
- That planning out a full size drawing, trial or collage is important to get the balance right.
- To get close to a finished size before cutting out. Start bigger than you plan, you can always cut bits off but you can't add to it!
- Not to be afraid of an asymmetrical finished shape - go for it!
- That I do have an eye for colour.
- That I enjoy a challenge.
I shall look forward to seeing the exhibition at Festival of Quilts and commiserate with the other unsuccessful entrants!