Saturday 4 January 2014

Journal Quilt distance learning.

Having missed the boat with CQ Journal Quilts in 2013, because of the Bookwraps, I have signed up with Ineke Berlin's online programme. Each month we receive a set of instructions for a JQ and we post photos of our sketchbook and the resulting JQ online and receive feedback from Ineke.
My theme is "An English Garden" and  I thought I'd share with you my progress.

Abundance and full blown flowers was the look I was after.


Using torn fabric squares as my background.


used oil paint sticks and a freezer paper stencil to create a flower image on the background. I then quilted the flower and added French knots to the background before facing the JQ.
A very good learning experience and it reminded me why I so enjoy taking part in these little gems each month.



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah. Great to hear from you. I'm looking forward to see how you progress with your course. Love the work you've made so far.

    ReplyDelete