Thursday 13 January 2011

Setting my goals for 2011

Now that I have attended the first "Independant Study Group" meeting I'm able to share my goals for this year.
* To produce the fabrics needed for my ISG projects myself, learning to dye, print and distress fabrics and to be able to replicate these.
* To master the step between research and a final design in a systematic way.
* To use my experience of visiting Jordan to provide the stimulus for my ISG work.
* To produce a quilt in this theme for FoQ 2011
* To learn how to sustain working in a series and to have sufficient preparatory work to produce at least 2 further pieces once the course is over.
* To take part in the Journal Quilt project and to use my Jordan theme for this.
To be prepared to work outside my comfort zone more frequently.

I am really looking forward to working with Bren Boardman and my fellow tutees, they are a really interesting group of textile artists with the common theme of being sharers and teachers in their own right.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have a great time - can't wait to see how you get on.
    I'm considering doing the CQ challenge this year too...

    ReplyDelete