Monday 24 January 2011

ISG experiments pt 2




There are at least two prongs to my approach. Having looked at the wonderful patterns and colours in the rocks I have started some experiments to look at creating interpretations of them and then taking small areas and looking at repeating them.
First I created a collage of fabrics bondawebbed to muslin, then over laid these with two layers of voile. I then stitched into the layers in different ways before using the heat gun to distress areas, cutting some areas away completely and others in parts and added a fringe to accentuate the fold of the rocks and finally applied markel stick to some of the remaining voile area to reduce the shine.
I like the shapes so my next experiment will be to simplify again and look at repetition and repetition in different sizes.

1 comment: