Thursday, 19 June 2014

Bluebell Abstraction pt. 4

This version has tested me, I have had to make two attempts before I was satisfied with the concept.
I wanted to try "floating" a tile of bluebells in it's own environment.
I tried two methods of creating the tile. The first by setting the tile in strips of one colour. 

The yellow was far too bright, the pieced strips too regular for my taste and I feel the the green ground is too olive.

I started a second version. This time I faced the edge of the tile and applied it to a quilted ground. I was very comfortable with this methodology.

The yellow on the right is still probably too bright but I do like the simplicity of this  JQ. I'm going to use the methodology again on other pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment