Saturday 7 June 2014

Bluebell Abstraction part 3

I have long admired the work of Rayna Gillman, especially her abstract creations, her free form quilts. I love the sense of movement and the ebullient colours that are present in much of her work and have taken a tentative step towards experimenting with this style of work.
I say tentative, because having completed this Journal I am only too conscious that I have only begun to scratch the surface of working in this way. It was interesting to try out ideas, and I had a bin full of discarded strips by the time I'd finished this small piece!
With the benefit of hindsight there is too little green in this piece, and the predominant fabric is too dark. I'm going to try again just for fun!


The balance is not quite right either, yet again I'm aware of my lack of grounding in design education!
I've got some more ideas for this and will try again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment