Wednesday 4 June 2014

Bluebell Wood Abstraction part 2

My CQ Journal Quilts this year are all going to be attempts to progress my ability to abstract a design from images that inspire or interest me.
I have decided to explore the strip approach again but this time with narrow, torn strips and a lot of surface decoration. I used the same collection of fabrics that I had gathered for the first Journal on this theme and have decided that I will try two further JQs on bluebells using the same collection of fabrics.
I'm happy that I have a colour palette that is beginning to reflect my image but am not sure whether I should be trying to maintain the same balance of colour or just going with the flow. This is where I suspect a proper design education would come in handy!
This is what I have come up with.


I like the effect in small doses but would not consider it for a whole quilt.
Now I need to set to and think about another way to interpret this. Oh how pleased I will be to have my workroom back again!


No comments:

Post a Comment