Tuesday, 5 April 2011
I have been using my Journal Quilts to experiment with ideas for a series of quilts based on the rock strata in Petra. Now I have put these together to get the beginnings of a final design. I needed to get an idea of what it might look like so have had it pinned to my design wall, every time I change anything I take a new photograph so that I can compare the different effects. I also took it to the ISG and from their comments and my experiments I think I now have it!
I took 3 small strata sections and played with machine quilting them and liked it so much that that I have finished it properly and entered it for the Easter exhibition at The Bramblepatch! I've included a photo of it and the basic shape of the quilt.
This week will have me stitch all the Strata components together and to piece a back for it and them I can begin the exiting bit of decorating the surface.