Mapping my creative journey and recording the discoveries made en-route.
Wednesday, 7 April 2010
My 1st quater JQ's are all related to a collection of photos of rusty cogs and wheels which I found on the internet. I have been experimenting with an circular sewing attachment which I have for the Bernina and have used this to suggest the cogs along with some voilles which I then used a soldering iron to cut away in places. Now that its done I think its a bit dark and that perhaps the black ground was a little severe, but you only learn by trying things out!! I think the tool will be useful for close lines of curved quilting.