Friday 23 April 2010

Inspiration 4

Last night we were entertained by a stunning talk by Yvonne Brown at Market Harborough Embroiderers. I had seen a piece of her work on display in Ely Cathedral some time ago and was intrigued by the intricacy of her stitching and the multi layered look she achieved. Seeing a range of her work from early to recent, in close-up and hearing how she had achieved these effects was fascinating. The trouble is that seeing such exquisite work makes you wonder whether its worth producing your own lesser pieces!
I have been really struck recently by the immense generosity of the textile art fraternity, so many, really well know artists are so willing to share their secrets, my friends tell me that "fine artists" are much more protective of any new idea they come up with, so glad I live in the textile world!

No comments:

Post a Comment