Friday 25 April 2014

Wendy James of Mace and Nairn

Last night Wendy James of Mace and Nairn, the fine embroidery supplier, was our speaker at the Harborough Embroiderers' Guild. She is also an accomplished embroiderer. She spent a year as a student at The Royal School of Needlework and brought her year's work to talk about and for us to goggle over. The workmanship was stunning and the range of techniques and materials covered mind blowing to a novice like me. Her engaging personality and ready wit made her an excellent speaker.


The costs of the equipment and materials for the course were expensive, but the experience and the setting at Hampton Court, second to none.
Wendy also brought her shop.... This proved very attractive to members and included all the essentials for Goldwork, Blackwork and Broderie Anglaise and more. I succumbed to the temptation of a collection of white threads that I plan to dye next week and some thicker sparkly thread that I can run through the bobbin on the machine or couch down.


Now I just need the time to actually do some work!
This was our second Travelling Book swap night, there was much interest to see what everyone had done and thee may even be enough interest to start a third group ! So..... now I have a new book to add to and it's time to think about what I might do this month.



No comments:

Post a Comment