Thursday 10 April 2014

Millifiore Madness

Stitch Magazine published an article showing decorative additions based on buttons and simple embroidery stitches. I missed the workshop we ran for this, but decided to try it out for myself. I make far too many samples so decided that I could use the idea to decorate a bodice on a child's dress. The internet provided a source of downloadable paper patterns for clothes and chose a plain fabric to embroider on an d a patterned fabric for the dress skirt.


A collection of smaller buttons and detached chain stitch, pistol stitch, French knots in different formations.


The light printed cotton fabric for the skirt echoes the same patterns as my stitched bodice.


It's fun making for children, small enough to make quickly and a chance to do things I wouldn't try in an adult garment.




No comments:

Post a Comment