Saturday 21 January 2012

January JQ

Well, I have finally managed to complete my 12 JQs for 2011! A great sense of achievement and an acknowledgement that working to someone else's agenda forces one to try out things one would would not touch with a barge pole otherwise! I love working with circles and with text and was slow to appreciate the minimum amount of text I could have worked with and therefore the potential to have tweaked the initial rocks theme. The button quilts represent a very low point in my stitching life and that has coloured my thoughts about signing up for another year of JQs. The theme for Jan - May is 75%Red and with the "Full Circle" project also requiring the use of red, I think "Full Circle" is going to be my only Red foray in 2012. The photo shows the finished January JQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment