Monday 10 May 2010

Margaret Every Challenge - 2



There is nothing like some cold weather to keep one inside when you have a deadline to meet! So, thanks to the weather I've made really good progress.
I've pieced the backing for this quilt using some of the same fabrics and made a couple of little blocks as a part of it. Its layered and now mostly quilted, my machine, using threads to match the fabrics in each section, again letting the fabrics do the talking.
I have tried to use the knowledge I'm learning on the Machine Embroidery course to liven up my quilting and I've used one stitch on the tiny pieced sections to ape tieing - a modern equivalent! I think it works quite well - will be interested in comments from others over that.
Just the borders left to do now and the binding so I'm on course to finish in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment