Saturday, 29 May 2010

Day-a-month with Angie Hughes

This has been an interesting programme for me as I had done very little Machine Embroidery before signing up. My motivation was more about getting more into my machine quilting than become an embroiderer, and I am delighted with the progress my machine quilting has made, I am much more confident, enjoy the challenge even if my stitch work is still a little basic and my control a little wonky!
On Wednesday we spent the day block printing, including making our own blocks from plastazote blocks and pressing objects into the preheated block. This is a technique I will definitely use again and although I set out only to make samples to see what could be done, I have actually made a simple needle case from one piece, an idea Angie came up with.
Foiling the fabric prior to printing worked very well ands I can see this being really useful when starting my next new work - which I already know will have an African feel.
A couple of photos of these samples above.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely print block you made. Your classes look like they are going to be fun.