Monday, 25 April 2016

Turning JQs into book covers.

Last year I started the JQ project with loads of enthusiasm, planning to create a collection of images from the Cambridgeshire fenland area. I was so enthused I made 5 by the end of March! Sadly I made one more and then the muse left me. I tried all sorts to get back on track but gave in. Weak, I know, but my mind wasn't ready to change the theme and just do anything. They went into a box and I forgot all about them. Clearing out, as one does from time to time to make way for new toys, I found them. What to do with them? They sat on the shelf looking accusingly at me and then, when our plans for our Threaded Together exhibition were coming to life, I realised that they were exactly the right size to make book covers to sell at the show.  So that's what I've done!
Here they are!

Having made these I went through the samples box and created two more from experiments for work that went to Alsace in 2013. They too have made neat little covers.

All of this of course has only put off the point when I need to start some new work. Blank sheet syndrome...... I'm hoping a day with Viv Arthur and ArtVan Go will set the creative juices going and I'll be ready to work again!


  1. What a brilliant idea. I've a few lurking about too.

  2. Stunning book covers and such a good idea for sample sized oddments!

  3. So glad you like the idea, it's amazing what you can do with small pieces!