Sunday 19 July 2015

Travelling Books (again)

I have been working on a quilt for the Contemporary Quilt Group Challenge - Elements, and it has been very focused on the use of hand stitch embellishments.
I must have made three or four sample pieces before I was happy with the combination of fabrics, threads and stitches. In addition to my working samples we had to submit a 20cm handling sample to showcase the quilt, this, along with photographs would be used to Jury quilts into the show at Festival of Quilts this year.
Once the quilt was complete and dispatched, I was wondering what to with my samples when I remembered my Travelling Book for July. I have tidied up one of the samples and it is now ready to be mounted into the book.


My handling sample for the "Fire and Ice" quilt is shown below.



No comments:

Post a Comment