Tuesday 24 July 2012

Gorgeous Gullion finally finished

With 24 hours to spare I have finally finished this piece! Last week I had expected to have to  withdraw my entry as I had no chance to complete it...... but, burning the midnight oil it is done.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, of course now I can see the design issues I should have solved before I ever put needle and thread to fabric but I'm a devil for jumping right in. I'm not sure I'd have made anything like this piece if I'd worked on pencil and paper before I started, it was only as I worked with the fabrics that ideas came.

 This is a close-up of one of the Gullions to give you an idea of the amount of beading I have included.


No doubt many would tell me that this is the very reason I should knuckle down and "do" a C&G course, but I've had it with jumping through other people's hoops! Perhaps a C&G curriculum without the folders and stipulated artefacts would do, but does such a thing exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment