Sunday 12 February 2012

Snow dyeing 2

In this second batch I have used a linen fabric, from one of my grandmother's bed sheets which  I inherited! Its probably 80 years old but in really good condition. I like the texture of the cloth. I have managed to get the depth of colour better this time, but there are larger areas of cloth without the distinctive patterning that I was after, suppose that's half the fun, the unknown!
There are plenty of areas I shall be able to use and the palette works with some of last year's dyed fabrics.
This morning the snow is too icy to have another go and for the first time in a great many days the temperature has finally got above 0, all be it by just 1 degree!, So....... hopefully I'll have to wait till next winter to do it again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've got some fabulous marks this time Lis! It is definitley the unknown that makes it so exciting. I'm with you on hoping to wait till next winter to try again.

    ReplyDelete