Thursday 4 August 2011

August JQ planning 2

Its been a while since my last post, too much cricket and trying to clear out my workroom so that it can have a make-over (not before time!)
So, with a couple of short breaks and Festival I realised that I needed to do some more work on the August JQ if I was not get too far behind!
I'm still looking at woven backgrounds, but altering the scale of the strips and looking for a better colour balance. I have also decided to use rather more bondaweb so that the intersections in the woven fabric behave themselves better.
I liked the effect I obtained from a freezer paper stencil and so have used the technique again. As the requirement is currently text, I have decided to just use text and that has given me the chance to make more of the "half as old as time" epithet.
I have used Pebeo Setacolor opaque in a shimmering pewter, it looks old and slightly tarnished as though it might have been there for some time! Once the text is outline quilted it will stand out more and then I may echo quilt the rest as there is plenty of detail in the piece already.

No comments:

Post a Comment