Saturday 5 February 2011

ISG experiments pt 4



I have been working on the "holes" theme for the last few days and have altered the proportion of the shapes, making them taller and slimmer. (if only it were so easy to do that to myself!!) I have also looked at only using part of the shape and filling in detail just with stitch.
I have also tried a very small scale experiment "tea dyeing" cotton and over printing with text and abstract shapes before adding applique shapes and stitch. This meant making my own printing block of small squares from a children's set of stick on letters! the result is not perfect but does point me in the right direction in terms of producing interesting fabrics to work with. At our next day I need to dye and print some larger amounts of fabric so that I can experiment further and perhaps make a start on one quilt design.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really pleased you're sharing so much of your work - I really look forward to seeing what you've been up to. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete