Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Experimental pieces for Angie's class

As I will miss the October session, I need to try and get well ahead of the game. I need to produce a piece (some pieces) for the end of the course and I want to use the design work I did last month. Initial design is shown in an earlier post.
So..... I have spent today trying out different techniques for creating the pattern I want. I have spray dyed some backgrounds, with varying degrees of success, cut stencils from Freezer Paper and applied fabric shapes to a background, then I have experimented with discharging areas. Once all these are dry, I'll then try different styles of stitching on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment