Tuesday 19 May 2015

Uttoxeter Pt.2

Where does the time go, a familiar refrain but I am no nearer finding a means of either holding time back or cramming more in!
I've been buying fabric again! Maggie Relph's fabulous one of a kind pieces have come home with me again. Two pieces which are destined to be made into clothing and the basis of a quilt for after Festival.


This fabulous length of cotton will make a really "stand-out" wraparound skirt for the summer. It is full of vibrant colour, my colours and a range of T shirts will go with it. This isn't a cheap source of fabric for clothes but I really love the conexion with an ethnic artist on another continent.



This is a another length from Esther, a textile dyer and printer, whose work I have enjoyed working with for a few years now. This too will be clothing, but a handkerchief hem top. Esther always manages to work with subtle colours and they bleed beautifully into one another. This fabric washes really well and the initial stiffness soon goes.


My final purchase I chose to become a base for a quilt I've had in mind for a while on a Rain Forest theme. Luckily Oakshotts were there too and I bought some stunning plain fabrics which I'll be able to use with this, later in the year.

I have been absent from here, trying to complete two major pieces of work for Festival of Quilts, I find I get so sucked in that almost everything else gets lost. It's also true that when pieces are destined for a show like Festival or an exhibition I am reluctant to put too much detail here until they are shown!




No comments:

Post a Comment