Sunday, 4 September 2011

Planning September's JQ

This will be the last of the compulsory text JQs and after my poor showing in August I need to be more on the button this month.
I'm going to experiment with freehand stitched text all over the background and then look at the different effects I can achieve over this.
My first samples have involved layering screen printed text on voile on my background in small areas and then machine stitching the text through the layers.
Once I had stitch the whole sample I then used a craft hot gun to burn away areas of the voile to give a distressed impression. This technique needs practice, 1st one was scorched, I now know because I has not cut into the voile to make melting faster.
Finally I used some acrylic paint through a freezer paper stencil and used a running stitch to outline them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one works out.