Wednesday 4 May 2011

May JQ - 2nd attempt.

I've gone straight ahead and stitched a new May JQ as I feared that the longer I left it the harder it would be to do. Same pattern as the disaster, slightly different fabrics and not using the BSR foot (not until I feel more in control of it!)
I've used the pre-folded narrow bias binding that's generally sold for stained glass appliqué to show the fault lines - OK - but black is probably too stark so I need to see what else there is in a more muted shade, something in the purple range would work I think.
I like the beading, but it may be too much. I'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks of looking at it. Anyway it will be a while before the "Strata" quilt is ready for beading.
This the 4 'circle' JQs complete and I now I have 4 to design to include lettering. Paper and pencil at the ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment