Sunday 19 September 2010

Mark making workshop




My day a month course this time looked at mark making and at ways of creating design ideas for the terrified drawer - which I am!
It was a very liberating day - and taught me a methodology that I think I can use to stimulate ideas for my quilts. I really want to move away from the more traditional but need the underpinning of good basic designs. It has come at a really good time for me as I have signed up for the "Independent Study Group" tutored by Brenda Boardman as day a month programme for 2011. I am delighted to be doing this, I need the rigor and the stimulation one gets from other artists and the creative criticism. At least now I feel I have a methodology for creating initial design ideas and who knows where I can then go with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment