Friday 3 September 2010

Linda Miller Workshop



I was really lucky to take part in a whole day Linda Miller workshop run by Market Harborough Embroiderers on Saturday. She is an excellent teacher, precise and clear a sense of humour and prepared to push you to create something worthwhile!
We all did a simple introductory exercise to learn the technique. We all stitch a small badge sized heart with background and details and then had 1:1 tutorial to decide on our own piece.I was surprised by how well I was able to cope with in intricacies of the style and it led me to bite off a bit more than could chew as a 1st attempt!!
I had found a picture of a boat in a harbour, lots of horizontal detail and reflections in the water. I've learned alot doing it, I did finish the piece and I now know what I will need to do if I try the technique again, which I think I will for cards especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment