Tuesday, 24 August 2010

August JQ

I got a bit carried away when doing Angie's homework and made my sample too big to be used as a JQ! So I have had to think up something different. In the July JQ I used black voille to subdue some areas of the work. It was effective but the burning away of areas of the voile did not work so well, as it slightly damaged the surface of the velvet and meant that the quilting thread, Madeira, melted too!
So I thought about other ways in which one could "knock back" areas of a design. I've experimented with very close quilting in a brighter colour and then looked at whether hand stitching would do the same job. As an experiment its been worth while, but there is limited artistic merit in the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment