Monday, 7 June 2010
Month 6 on the same theme - I wasn't sure that I could sustain this many pieces on the same theme, but I now know that I need a new theme for the last 6 months!
Having been introduced to Cunin Felt and heat distressing it, I thought that this would be an appropriate finish for rusty metal things! My experiments were far too heavily quilted and the heat could not get through, so in the end I have used the felt on its own, heat distressed. I've combined this with a print of cogs which I cut in half so the resulting image is an amalgam of two types of work. Its certainly different, a departure for me, and that's why I wanted the challenge!
I'm quite pleased with them as a set. It was interesting to try distressing the felt, but I am not sure that this is a technique that I'll use a again in a hurry.