Tuesday 23 February 2010

January JQ



Its always hardest to make a beginning, especially when you are new to something. Having decided the theme I spent a morning sketching out ideas in rough and then listed the techniques I thought I could use to interpret the initial designs.
Next I tried out some small samples. I do not generally use applique - so it would be a good idea to add this to my list - 1st sample was not what I was looking for - so then another sample and this time I felt better about the results.
Now fabrics - CQ challenge - dyeing my own - no time this month so back to the stash -metalic colours and a contract background.
Layered up once applique complete and quilted with machine to give a close texture.
Not my best work but this is a learning exercise so chalk this one up to experience and do better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment