Thursday 10 June 2010

Margaret Every Challenge - 4

Yesterday I went to see the Strawberries and Cream exhibition at the Bramble Patch, keen to see what others had made of the chosen fabrics. It was a very diverse group of textiles. Those choosing the more traditional fabric in the main produced traditional style quilts based on blocks, some of which were quite exquisitely made.
Those choosing the lettering fabric produced a huge range of work from a bag to a bed sized quilt, but most were wall hanging pieces. It is always interesting to see ones own work hanging alongside others, to see the different interpretations and approaches to the same stimulus. At least I did not feel totally out classed, and I was glad that I had taken part this year.
If the fabric is right I'll have another go next year as the discipline of having to work on something provided is good for the creative muscle!

Now I have a week away, a sort of retreat, and a chance to try and finish a number of quilts, freeing me up to be able to start a new piece on my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment